Aside from providing you with beautiful, emotional portraits in a casual setting, engagement sessions allow us to get to know each other before the big day. Knowing what to expect from your photographer and feeling relaxed in front of the camera are critical for photographic success.
During the engagement session, I love to work with you to and the styles, smiles, angles, and poses that work best for you as a couple. That way, when your wedding day comes around, we’ll have already practiced picture-taking together and everyone will know what to do and expect!
Engagement sessions are the time for you and your love to show your inner selves, your love for one another, and your favorite outfts in a relaxing and enjoyable environment. You are welcome to choose a location that speaks to you in a personal way, or let me recommend a few of my favorite spots based on our experience. Some couples choose that special spot where he proposed, others their favorite
restaurant, winery, or flower field. I can’t wait to get you in front of the lens and bring out what makes you a special couple!
Helpful Hits and Tips
• Engagement sessions typically last an hour
• Sessions can include two outfit changes
• I recommend 1 location to keep things simple
• Make sure to bring the ring!
• Try wearing complementary colors rather than matching tones
• Scarves, hats, bags, jewelry and other accessories look amazing!
• Bring two pairs of shoes for different terrain
• Men - leave the white socks at home!
• Try to avoid large logos or brand symbols on clothing
• Many couples like to use their engagement images for save-the-dates
• I am happy to accommodate special requests for themes and locations!